Township businesses earning accolades
Businesses located in the Township have been making news by winning awards, and earning honours from others because of their positive economic development benefits.
• Britco Structures: The largest modular manufacturer in the Pacific Northwest, Britco leads the industry in designing and producing temporary and permanent buildings. The company has the largest lease fleet of temporary offices, construction site trailers, and storage containers in B.C.
It was ranked 12th of the province’s Biggest Construction Company in 2010 by Business in Vancouver.
• Venture Pacific Construction Management: From concept to completion, Venture Pacific is a consulting firm that manages building projects by encouraging collaboration and communication between all team members. Led by Mark Van Ek, Venture Pacific was named the 17th Biggest Construction Company in B.C. by Business in Vancouver.
• Redwoods, Belmont, and Fort Langley Golf Courses: Three of Langley’s premier golf courses have been recognized by the magazine for the crowds they are attracting. Redwoods was ranked 13th Busiest Public Golf Course in Vancouver, Belmont was named #6 Busiest Semi-Private/Public Golf Course, and the Fort Langley Golf Course was ranked seventh Busiest Semi-Private/Public Golf Course.
• Langley Events Centre: The community’s centre for sports, recreation, and entertainment, the LEC features an arena bowl, triple gymnasium, recreation centre, meeting and multi-purpose rooms, and 50,000 square feet of trade show and exhibition floor space.
With seating for 5,500 and 1,350 free parking spots, the centre has been ranked 15th Biggest Convention/Meeting Venue
in the province by Business in Vancouver.
• Pharmasave Drugs (National) Ltd.: With more than 430 stores in nine provinces, Pharmasave is one of Canada’s leading independent pharmacy and drugstore retailers. Founded in 1981 and in the Township, Pharmasave was ranked 12th in the Top 100 Private Companies in B.C. by Business in Vancouver.
• Philips Ledalite: Ledalite is a worldwide leader in optics and luminaire design that creates lighting products and technology for commercial and institutional markets throughout the world. The company was named 29th in the Top 100 High Tech Companies in B.C. by Business in Vancouver.
• Hardwoods Distribution Inc.: A leader in the wholesale distribution of hardwood lumber, plywood, and panel products to the woodworking industry, Hardwoods has been named Business in Vancouver’s 44th in the Top 100 Public Companies. The company has been operating for more than 50 years and has 26 distribution centres across North America.
• 4Refuel Canada Ltd.: Managing nearly one billion litres of fuel per year and growing by 26 per cent annually, 4Refuel Canada is one of North America’s fastest growing fuel logistics companies. The mobile refueller has been in the direct-to-equipment market for more than 15 years and has been ranked by Business in Vancouver as 51st in the Top 100 Private Companies in B.C. in 2010.
• Domaine de Chaberton Winery and Vista D’Oro Farms and Winery: Domaine de Chaberton, Langley’s first estate winery, and
Vista D’Oro, a culinary agri-tourism destination in south Langley, have been recognized for the success of their products and operations. Business in Vancouver has named Domaine de Chaberton the 7th Biggest Winery in B.C. while Vista D’Oro came in at 25th in 2010.
• Advanced Integration Technology: A company that delivers fully integrated plant floor systems and tooling to the aerospace industry has been given a 2010 Boeing Performance Excellence Award. Advanced Integration Technology, a leading industrial automation company located in Aldergrove, was recognized by the Boeing Company for its “superior performance” and “consistent gold composite performance” rating.