- BC Games
Fort gearing up for Christmas
From contests to tree decorating and a visit from Santa, it’s going to be a busy month in Fort Langley leading up to Christmas.
• The Wishes and Wonders contest kicks off tomorrow (Friday, Nov. 25) and continues until Dec. 19.
The merchants of Fort Langley have donated items for the contest, which is open to all shoppers to enter. One lucky winner will receive a prize package valued at approximately $3,000. Visit The Fort Cyclery at 9110 Glover Rd. to view the prizes. To enter, visit participating merchants in the village.
• From now until Jan. 1, the second annual Christmas Tree Walk for Charity is on in Fort Langley. Merchants throughout the downtown have decorated special trees in support of their favourite charities. Visit them throughout the Christmas season and buy a decoration from the trees — or make a donation to their charities. For a list of participating merchants visit www.fortlangley.com.
• The Community Christmas Tree lighting happens tomorrow (Friday, Nov. 25) from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Santa will arrive in Fort Langley with his friends from the Fort Langley Canoe Club. Join them at the dock on Bedford Landing (west of Glover Road) at 6 p.m. to await his arrival and then stroll with him to the Fort Langley Community Hall for refreshments from Tim Hortons, carolling, the official lighting of the community Christmas tree and an opportunity to visit with Santa.
For more information visit www.fortlangley.com.
• On Dec. 10, from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. it’s an Old Fashioned Musical Christmas at the Fort Langley National Historic Site, 23433 Mavis Ave. Stop by for an evening of carolling around the fire, listen to local musicians and enjoy greenery inside the beautiful historic fort. Holiday activities throughout the day include the Christmas party in the Big House, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wreath making, crafts and a visit with Father Christmas are among the activities planned.
Regular admission applies. Free for annual pass holders. Call 604-513-4777 for advance tickets.
• Drop ’n Shop on Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hey, parents, go Christmas shopping in Fort Langley’s boutiques while your kids make crafts, play games and much more at the Langley Centennial Museum, 9135 King St. Fantastic program for parents of children aged five to 12. The cost for this program is $25 per child. Call 604-532-3536 to register or for more information.
• From Dec. 19 to 31 it’s a Heritage Holiday at the Fort. Gather with family and friends at Fort Langley – all decked in lights and greenery for the holiday season. Make a Christmas craft, take a site tour and enjoy a warm drink by the fire. Fort Langley National Historic Site, 23433 Mavis Ave. is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1.
Regular admission applies. Free to annual pass holders.