Six local businesses nominated for Small Business BC awards
Langley residents have four more days to vote for their favourite businesses in the Small Business BC awards.
Six local shops are up for awards:
• Beatniks Bistro for premier’s people’s choice.
• Blacksmith Bakery for best concept, best workplace and best employer.
• Republica Coffee Roasters Inc. for premier’s people’s choice and best international trade.
• TPI Langley for best community impact.
• All In One Productions Inc. for best concept and best emerging entrepreneur.
• Erikson’s Daylily Gardens for best community impact.
These awards celebrate the contributions made by businesses registered in B.C. (with fewer than 50 employees) to their local communities and the global economy.
Recipients of Small Business BC awards will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize of $1,500 cash. They will also be offered a one year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and one-on-one business mentorship opportunities with advisers from award sponsors.
The contest is open to business nominations and voting until Nov. 30.
The businesses with the highest number of votes in each award category will be announced as the top 10 on Dec. 11.
These nominees will then submit a detailed application that judges will use to determine the top five finalists, and the top five will present a 10-minute Dragons’ Den-style pitch to the judges to prove themselves as one of B.C.’s best.
The winners of each category will be announced at the Small Business BC awards ceremony on Feb. 25, 2016, at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel.
To vote, visit www.sbbcawards.ca.