- 2015 Federal Election
Mental health support offered to families
Family members and supporters often play an integral part in the well-being of their loved ones who are faced with mental health and addictions issues. They and their loved ones may need assistance and support to understanding how to access resources available, but not always known to them.
Through a grant from the Langley Mental Health Community Advisory Committee, the Langley Family Support and Resource Program will provide the following, at no cost, to family members in Langley and Aldergrove in a confidential, welcoming environment:
* Inform family members of resources available to them and their loved ones in areas of emergency services, community resources, advocacy/assistance, and housing;
• Help family members to navigate the mental health and addictions system in order to access these resources;
• Provide a listening ear, with compassion and understanding, to family members’ concerns, questions, and requests;
• Educate family members about mental health and addictions issues and encourage them to become involved in family support groups, mental health education programs, and information sessions offered by Fraser Health, the province and community agencies, and
• Help families to access programs for strengthening families, family support groups and respite services.
For further information, contact Renee Poley at 604 882-8115. or firstname.lastname@example.org.