- BC Games
Milner Chapel marks 125 years
The Milner Chapel marked its 125th anniversary on Sunday with a series of events. Cutting the cakes to mark the anniversary were Gordon Davis, Hugh Davis, Glenn Smith, Jack Worrell, Fenn Williams and Gordon Mufford, all members of longtime Milner families. About 230 people attended Sunday’s events, which included a pancake brunch, entertainment and dedication of the bells, which were recently installed in the chapel’s bell tower. Milner Chapel, located at 6716 216 St., was originally built at the corner of Glover Road and Johnston Townline Road (216 Street) in 1886. It was originally named Langley Prairie Methodist Church. It eventually became Milner Methodist Church and then Milner United Church. The chapel was moved from its original location in 2006, and since that time has been fully restored. It is actively used by members of the community.