- BC Games
World Food Day marked on Tuesday at Langley Events Centre
World Food Day, an annual event developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1981, is marked by communities around the globe each year on Oct. 16.
Langley is hosting its fourth annual event at the Langley Events Centre Tuesday.
During the event, the public will be able to:
• Discover the issues that affect world hunger and poverty;
• Learn ways in which people and organizations are driving change;
• Meet some world-renowned speakers;
• Network with other like-minded individuals who want to be the change they see in the world;
• Visit exhibits from local and international supporters;
• Enjoy a free lunch — please RSVP to email@example.com).
Doors open at 9 a.m., and the event ends at 3 p.m.
The event is organized by Food For Famine Society (foodforfamine.org), and features a number of speakers includeing Mark Moore, co-founder and CEO of MANA Nutrition, Michael Messenger, executive vice-president of World Vision Canada, David McKenzie, International president of Hope International Development Agency, and Daniel Germain, president and founder of Breakfast Clubs of Canada.