- BC Games
Celebrate Christmas like a pioneer
Though the weather outside might be frightful, the atmosphere inside the Surrey Museum will be delightful during the last Discovery Saturday of the year: Pioneer Christmas, on Dec 21 from 1-4 p.m.
Visitors will find out how Surrey settlers celebrated Christmas.
• At 2 p.m. join the Surrey Children’s Choir for a special performance and carol sing-a-long. This choir, which is part of the Surrey Choral Arts Project Society.
• Children can make old-fashioned Christmas ornaments to help decorate the Museum’s Christmas tree.
• Make traditional take home crafts, such as pomanders and Christmas stockings, while learning about the history of these festive favorites.
• Test your scavenger hunt skills with a peek through the Museum’s exhibit galleries to look for a resident Elf on the Shelf, Betty, to win a chocolately prize.
• At 3 p.m., take a seat in the museum’s theatre for Story Time with Sandra.
• Enjoy traditional fruit punch and Christmas cookies, by donation.
• Browse the Museum’s collection of vintage Christmas cards and postcards.
• Watch classic, black and white holiday films in the theatre.
• Bring a non-perishable food donation for the Surrey Food Bank.
Admission is by donation.
The Surrey Museum is located at 17710-56A Avenue,
For more information, call 604-592-6956, visit www.surrey.ca/heritage or on Twitter at @ASurreyMuseum.