$100,000 damage in barn fire
A generator is being blamed for a barn
fire that caused between $75,000 and
$100,000 damage to a barn in the Yorkson
neighbourhood of Willoughby at about 9
a.m. on Saturday.
The blaze, at 20708 84 Ave., was
reported to the Township fire department
at 9 a.m. and was fought by firefighters
from Willoughby and Walnut Grove halls.
Fire department spokesman Bruce Ferguson
said that the generator was being
used to supply power to the barn. There
was no sign of illegal activity, and no one
was injured, Ferguson said.