Hot tub users turned away by fire
It would have been one hot, hot tub when a pair of Walnut Grove residents planning a soak found their outdoor Jacuzzi on fire on Thursday.
A fire in the motor of the hot tub is the likely cause, said firefighters.
The home owners were just about to take a soak when they noticed a fire brewing and called 911.
Township firefighters arrived at the home in the 20400 block of 98 Avenue but the fire had already destroyed the hot tub, said fire chief Rob Clausen. It appears there was a malfunction in the motor, he said. No one was injured.
This is the second hot tub fire this month, said Clausen. The first hot tub to burn was caused from the owner doing some soldering on the tub, causing it to catch fire.