- 2015 Federal Election
Blaze consumes top floor of house in Walnut Grove
Neighbours who were alerted by the smell of smoke called 911 early on Tuesday morning. By the time firefighters arrived from Walnut Grove fire hall smoke and flames were billowing from a room above the garage.
Calls about the blaze at 8992 203B St. were reported at 2:16 a.m., said fire department spokesman Pat Walker.
When firefighters arrived, there was no one in the house, Walker said, adding that it’s too early to pinpoint the cause. No one was injured.
He said that neighbours reported hearing a ‘popping’ sound, which might have happened when the heat caused a window to shatter. Damage from the fire, smoke and water was confined mainly to the second floor of the single family dwelling. Walker estimated that the restoration and repair costs will range from $70,000 to $150,000.