News

Barn fire burns licensed marijuana grow-op

A barn fire Saturday took place at a facility with a licence to produce medicinal marijuana.

Langley Township fire department was on the scene for three to four hours after getting the call at 3:14 p.m., said assistant chief Pat Walker. Three fire halls responded.

Damage to the barn, located in the 2500 block of 208 Street, was extensive, but the building can be repaired, Walker said. The fire is believed to have started in an electrical panel and spread to the second floor.

Langley RCMP and the B.C. Ambulance Service were also on hand, but there were no injuries.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

NDP blasts lottery corporation spending
 
Rent controls here to stay, province says
 
New colour scheme for development is fine with church
Carvolth exchange under microscope of Langley RCMP, TransLink Police
 
Trinity Western University in Langley sues law society over law school
 
Construction work on new Timms Centre is behind schedule
Pattullo Bridge work may disrupt traffic for up to three years
 
Growing pains for police investigation unit
 
Boy, 15, killed in Surrey assault

Community Events, December 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Dec 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.