News

Unexpected dip while fighting fire

A Township firefighter took an unexpected dip in a pool after falling in while knocking down a fire in a four-bay garage last Thursday.

Fire crews were called out to the blaze in the 25100 block of 53 Avenue around 5:30 p.m. A large garage on the property was on fire. Firefighters managed to save two antique vehicles parked inside. They had to bring water to the property, which is in an area that doesn’t have hydrants.

The fire started in a heater found in the mechanical room for the swimming pool, said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson. Damage is estimated at around $150,000.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Restaurants expected to slowly comply with organics disposal ban
 
Langley Secondary School closure considered
 
Riding gear valued at $50,000 stolen
Times columnist’s work earns national award
 
Referendum poll shows slim lead for new transit tax
 
B.C. to announce Peace River dam decision
Roads study provides ammunition for District of Kent
 
“Suspicious” Agassiz house fire under investigation
 
Tax hikes get the go-ahead from Surrey council

Community Events, December 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Dec 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.