- 2015 Federal Election
Hazmat situation ends quickly on 264 Street on Friday
An canister found in a ditch and leaking an unknown gas closed 264 Street for a possible Hazmat situation on Friday morning.
The bottle had fallen off a truck and then was run over by a car which sent the container into a ditch leaking gas into the air.
"We shut the road down as a precaution until we knew what we were dealing with," Township district fire chief Kevin Anderson.
Firefighters quickly identified the gas to be compressed oxygen. The road was re-opened and the canister was expected to be picked up, said Anderson.