- BC Games
One dead in North Langley fire
Langley RCMP and the Township of Langley fire department are confirming that one person has died in a fire that broke out this morning in a Walnut Grove mobile home park.
Crews were called to the residence in the complex located at 90 Avenue and 198 Street just before 10 a.m. on Friday.
Neither police nor Township district chief Russ Jenkins could confirm the victim's age or gender.
The coroner was on scene in the early afternoon.
So far, the cause of the blaze isn't known, but doesn't appear to be suspicious, say police.
The Valentine's Day blaze is the second fatal fire in Langley in 2014. It is also the fifth in less than a year and the fourth this winter.
Last April, an elderly man was killed when a fire broke out in the Elm Building at Rainbow Lodge in Langley City.
In late November, an elderly woman died in a fire in a four-plex in the Township. At the time, firefighters said they suspected it to have been caused by materials left too close to a space heater.
Meanwhile, faulty wiring was to blame for a Dec. 8 fire in a Langley City home where a 64-year-old woman perished.
And last month, on Jan. 24, a house fire in Glen Valley took the life of a two-year-old boy.