Plenty to see and do in Langley during B.C. Seniors Week
In celebration of BC Seniors Week, seniors and their friends and families are invited to take part in a variety of fun, free or low-cost educational and recreational activities being offered throughout the Langley area from June 2 to June 8.
“BC Seniors Week provides an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the important contributions of our seniors and the integral role they play in our community,” said Christine Daum, recreation supervisor, City of Langley Recreation, Culture and Community Services.
“Many different agencies and community groups have worked together to plan a variety of events throughout the week so that there is something for every senior, no matter what their interest, ability or schedule.”
Organizing partners for Langley’s BC Seniors Week celebrations include: The City of Langley, the Township of Langley, Langley Senior Recreation and Resources Centre, Langley Community Music School, Langley Lawn Bowling Club and Langley Seniors Community Action Table.
Some highlights from the local Seniors Week event schedule include:
• Seniors of the Year Celebration: Monday, June 2 at 11 a.m. at Langley Senior Recreation and Resources Centre (20605 51B Ave.). Call 604-530-3020.
• Lawn bowling lessons: Tuesday, June 3 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Langley Lawn Bowling Club (20471 54 Ave.). Call 604-514-2695.
• Timms Table Tennis Tourney: Wednesday, June 4 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Timms Community Centre (20702 Eastleigh Cr.). Call 604-514-2940.
• Langley Seniors Games Society Torch Lighting Ceremony: Thursday, June 5 at 6:30 p.m. at Bedford Plaza in Fort Langley. Call 604-533-8065.
• Seniors Week Picnic and Health Fair – $5 per person: Friday, June 6 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at McLeod Athletic Park (58 Ave. and 214 St.). Call 604-856-2899.
• Music recital: Saturday, June 7 at 7 p.m. at Langley Community Music School (4899 207 St.). Call 604-534-2848.
• Weight room orientations for seniors: Sunday, June 8 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Timms Community Centre (20702 Eastleigh Cr.). Call 604-514-2940
Admission to all events and activities is free, unless otherwise indicated.
To view a complete listing of Langley Seniors Week events, visit city.langley.bc.ca/events. For more information, contact Lynda Brummitt at email@example.com or call 604-514-2941.