One of the largest amateur dance competitions in North America kicked off its first weekend with junior, intermediate and senior jazz, which conclude Wednesday.
Next up is modern and contemporary, from April 11-16.
The month-long Surrey Festival of Dance brings more than 10,000 dancers to the Surrey Arts Centre Main Stage stage from until April 28 and on May 11.
The closing of the festival (May 11) will include the No Borders Group Dance Challenge of top groups, and an evening event to honour winners.
Events also include:
• Junior Ballet: April 16-18
• Intermediate/Senior Ballet: April 19-21
• International: April 20
• Junior Tap and Stage: April 22-24
• Intermediate/Senior Tap and Stage: April 24-29
• Hip Hop/Street: April 27-28
• Honour Awards and No Borders Group Dance Challenge: May 11
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/11DwxPL