Christmas may be on the horizon, but the Fraser Valley Gilbert and Sullivan Society is already looking ahead to spring.
Auditions for their next production, the H.M.S. Pinafore, will be held Dec. 12, 15 and 17 at 7:30 p.m.
The popular Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera will hit the stage at the Coast Capital Playhouse in White Rock from April 30 to May 10.
The roles needing to be filled are:
• Ralph Rackstraw — tenor aged 20 to 45 years old.
• Captain Corcoran — lyric baritone 45 to 65 years old.
• Josephine — soprano 20 to 40 years old.
• Mrs. Cripps (Little Buttercup) — mezzo-soprano/alto 40-60 years old.
• Sir Joseph Porter — baritone 30 to 70 years old.
• Dick Deadeye — bass-baritone 20 to 55 years old.
• Bill Bobstay — baritone 20 to 55 years old
• Hebe — mezzo-soprano 30 to 65 years old.
• Bob Beckket — bass 21 to 75 years old.
Chorus members are also needed — males to play sailors and females to play cousins, sisters and aunts.
HMS Pinafore will be directed by Jacqollyne Keath and produced by Katherine Stadel. Musical Direction is by Kerry O’Donnovan
Auditions will be held at Valley View Funeral Home in Surrey in the Arbour Room.
Anyone who auditions is asked to prepare one operetta or opera song and may be asked to cold read. To book an audition time, email firstname.lastname@example.org.