Hosted by the Willoughby Town Centre, along with G&F Financial and other businesses, the Saturday, July 14 event is a chance to get to know the neighbourhood, including the many local shops and services in the walkable Willoughby area – Langley’s first and only pedestrian-oriented mixed-use community, says Tracey Ehman.
Among those recently joining longstanding favourites are Bone & Biscuit for pet lovers, F45 Fitness, Infinite Serenity Holistic Spa, strEATS and others. Also on-site will be local organizations like the Willoughby Residents’ Association and representatives from other area organizations.
“We have so many businesses that really take community to heart,” Ehman says, inviting neighbours to come enjoy the fun from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. “It’s a great opportunity to build a sense of community around Willoughby and the town centre.”
Here’s 5 reasons to stop by with the whole family!
1. Pets & pictures: Children can visit with the animals from Aldor Acres Petting Farm and have their photo taken at the Langley Hospital Foundation’s Teddy Bear photo booth. “There’s lots of kid-friendly activities,” Ehman says.
2. Get artsy: Kids can showcase their creative talents at the colouring area set up on-site or get decorative with face painting.
3. Fuel up for fun: Stop by the G&F Financial barbecue where staff will grill up hamburgers and hotdogs and serve cotton candy to satisfy a sweet tooth by donation. In addition, you can look for tasty samples from Hakam’s Your Independent Grocer.
4. Your Passport to Win: Be sure to pick up your Willoughby Dayz passport from any Willoughby Town Centre business, then get it stamped with each visit to a WTC business. Once completed, visit G&F Financial to enter your passport in a draw for one of a host of prize baskets, with a combined value of over $2,000.
5. Save with Willoughby Dayz specials: “Many of the Willoughby Town Centre businesses will have special offers just for event day,” Ehman notes. Visit them to see how you can save!
Stay up to date on Facebook or stop by Willoughby Town Centre to learn more!