Sundays are made for family, and there’s no better time to celebrate than this weekend – the “last” of summer as school, work and fall activities loom on the horizon.
And here in Langley, the Willowbrook Safeway Extra is the place to be as it hosts its inaugural Family Fun Day from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Sunday, Sept. 2.
“We have a lot of families in the area and we wanted to take the opportunity to celebrate as everyone gets ready to head back to school,” says store manager Albert Mutis. “We’re welcoming the community for a host of activities, demos and delicious foods throughout the day!”
Among the many activities on offer:
• Stop by the bakery where kids can decorate their own cake to take home
• Visit the Fresh Juice Bar for produce samples
• In the deli, savour samples of delicious Hawaiian pizza
• In the Wellness Department, kids can have fun with the Colouring Contest while you chat with the Wellness Counsellor about Kids Flu Advice – just in time for the fall cold and flu season!
• Visit the meat department to try yummy Pulled Pork Sliders
• Have fun with face-painters and balloon twisters, and work together on a Safeway Extra Scavenger Hunt – collect the coins, and win a prize!
Salute to the Special Olympics
The event is also a fundraiser for Special Olympics. Eight Special Olympians will greet shoppers in the front lobby and customers who donate to the Special Olympics will be entered to win one of three draw prizes.
1st prize: A filled back-to-bchool knapsack (worth at least $150)
2nd prize: A second back-to-school knapsack (worth $100)
3rd prize: A $75 gift card
Receive one entry for a $2 donation, three entries for a$5 donation, or seven entries for a $10 donation.
And there’s lots more in store
If you haven’t visited Langley’s Safeway Extra in Willowbrook, Family Fun Day is the perfect opportunity to see what makes the store unique – not only from other Safeways, but from other grocery stores, too!
The “Extra” in the name really makes a difference. In addition to the usual Safeway favourites, the Willowbrook store also offers special features, from a carvery to a Gourmet Oil & Vinegar Bar.
Looking for simple – and sensational – dinner solution as the family heads back to school, work and fall activities? Find 16-inch stone oven pizzas made fresh in store and baked hot to order, or visit the carvery station for hot-and-ready meals prepared fresh daily. In the Noodle Bar, you can even choose from a selection of hot noodle and rice bowls cooked right in front of you!
For something lighter, enjoy a refreshing selection from the juice bar, located in the produce section, or maybe it’s sushi night?
Need more reasons to visit?
• Join Nutrition and Wellbeing Counsellor Savreet Chhabra, MSc, for FREE information sessions. See in-store for dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-533-3291 ext 1206.