A homeless man was briefly taken into custody for mischief after setting some papers on fire behind the Langley Playhouse on Sunday night.
At 9 p.m., Township fire crews and Langley RCMP were called to the theatre, located in the 4300 block of 200 Street for reports of smoke coming from behind the Playhouse.
Papers were being burned in a small metal pan outside a shed located on the Playhouse property.
Firefighters were able to quickly douse the small fire which was contained to the pan, said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson.
Police said it appeared the person had gotten into the shed and it’s unknown why the fire was started.
There was no fire damage to the shed or to the playhouse.