A Township firefighter took an unexpected dip in a pool after falling in while knocking down a fire in a four-bay garage last Thursday.
Fire crews were called out to the blaze in the 25100 block of 53 Avenue around 5:30 p.m. A large garage on the property was on fire. Firefighters managed to save two antique vehicles parked inside. They had to bring water to the property, which is in an area that doesn’t have hydrants.
The fire started in a heater found in the mechanical room for the swimming pool, said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson. Damage is estimated at around $150,000.