A fire in a small marijuana grow op sent one person to hospital by air ambulance from a Langley Township residential neighbourhood at 204 Street and 76 Avenue around noon Thursday (August 11).
The 56-year-old male victim suffered extensive burns.
He was conscious and able to walk to the stretcher before he was loaded onto the ambulance.
His condition was first reported as serious, but has since improved and he was expected to recover, police said.
Multiple police and fire units attended the scene, which was closed to traffic for several hours.
The fire was small and caused relatively little damage to the house interior and an exterior deck.
Investigators believe the source of the fire was located among some butane canisters being used to process the marijuana.
Langley RCMP have contacted Health Canada to determine whether it was a legal medicinal grow-op, as some neighbours believe.
Fire scene. DAN FERGUSON/LANGLEY TIMES