Editor: My dogs (and I’m sure I am not alone) are traumatized by the use of fireworks.
Yet every year, there are kids and some adults who think it is OK to just let them off, with no consideration for the consequences. Every year I have to get drugs from my vet in order to make my dogs almost comatose, so they can suffer through the month of October and the fireworks season.
This is not appropriate, and I’m absolutely frosted to the toes that there appears to be no way of controlling or managing the use of fireworks.
It is my understanding that fireworks are illegal here in the Township, but like it or not, they still find their way into our communities and, quite frankly, I don’t see that bylaw being enforced.
When my dogs come shooting in from what should be a safe place (their back yard) due to the use of illegal fireworks, then I’m an unhappy taxpayer.
I recently left a message with the bylaw office at 4:18 p.m. on a recent weekday. It was obviously a little late for a taxpayer-paid employee to get back to me with an answer.