Editor: As we end another wonderful season of giving, sharing and celebration, we inevitably think of the people who make our lives and the lives of others better. This year, due to extreme weather conditions, many people have probably relied on someone to help them out.
There are people who help out all the time, year round and once again, it’s those people the Township of Langley is looking to recognize for the Flowerdew and Arnason Awards.
The only way we can learn of these outstanding people is through nominations from the people who know them, who may have benefited from their volunteerism. It could be your friend, your co-worker your neighbour or someone you met while volunteering yourself.
The criteria for the Flowerdew award are for an individual who resides in Langley Township who acts in an unpaid capacity and:
• is sensitive to the variety of ages, abilities, and special needs of Langley residents;
• fosters partnerships and cooperative efforts;
• promotes traditional and non-traditional recreation activities;
• possesses leadership and team building qualities;
• has contributed a significant and diversified body of work.
The criteria for the Arnason Award is for two individuals working together as a married couple, related couple or couple of friends, who both reside in the Township of Langley as unpaid volunteers who:
• are advocates of culture, learning, and literacy;
• are sensitive to the economic needs, abilities, and special populations of Langley residents;
• foster partnerships and co-operative efforts;
• create the potential for long-term benefit to the Langley community.
If you know someone who is an outstanding volunteer, please let us know about them by nominating them for either the Flowerdew or Arnason Award this year.
Nomination forms can be found on line at the TOL or you can contact Sarah Morris at smorris@tolca or 604-533-6148.
Team Member TOL Awards Nominations Committee