Editor: Volunteering is incredibly rewarding. Honouring a volunteer shows them how valuable they are and that their efforts are needed and appreciated. It tells the volunteer that they are being noticed, whether they are working quietly behind closed doors, acting as event chair, serving as a coach, a cook, a handyman or an “I’ll help with everything” person. Langley residents have an opportunity right now to honour a volunteer by nominating them for the Flowerdew Award or to honour a duo for the Arnason Award.
The deadline for nominations is Feb. 9, so while this date is quickly approaching; there is still lots of time to get nominations in. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a nomination form today.
The criteria for the Flowerdew award are for an individual who resides in Langley Township who acts in an unpaid capacity and:
• is sensitive to the variety of ages, abilities, and special needs of Langley residents
• fosters partnerships and cooperative efforts
• promotes traditional and non-traditional recreation activities
• possesses leadership and team building qualities
• has contributed a significant and diversified body of work
The criteria for the Arnason Award is for two individuals working together as a married couple, related couple or couple of friends, who both reside in the Township of Langley as unpaid volunteers who:
• are advocates of culture, learning, and literacy
• are sensitive to the economic needs, abilities, and special populations of Langley residents
• foster partnerships and cooperative efforts
• create the potential for long-term benefit to the Langley community
Member, TOL Awards Nominating Committee